Former Duke Energy Veteran and Power Grid Expert to Help Propel Growth of SolarWindow Columbia, MD – November 17, 2015 – SolarWindow Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: WNDW), the leading developer of first-of-their-kind transparent electricity-generating coatings for windows on tall towers and skyscrapers, today announced it has named Curtis Watkins as its Vice President of Energy Markets…
RECORD-SETTING ENERGY BREAKTHROUGH
Electricity-generating windows for 85 million homes and commercial buildings in America. How? We apply see-through electricity generating coatings to glass.
Engineered to outperform solar with the industry’s fastest financial payback. SolarWindow™ is Clearly Electric™.
* SolarWindow™ products are currently under development and not available for sale.
Latest SolarWindow process breakthrough revolutionizes the transmission of electricity on glass with wires as thin as human hair. Columbia, MD – November 3, 2015 – SolarWindow Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: WNDW), a leading developer of first-of-their-kind transparent electricity-generating coatings for commercial windows on skyscrapers and tall towers, today announced that a process breakthrough has enabled the…
QUESTION & ANSWER
Yes, SolarWindow Technologies, Inc. is a next-generation alternative and renewable energy developer. It is currently publicly traded under the ticker symbol: WNDW on the OTCQB exchange in the USA.
Following the change to our Company name, we also changed our ticker to ‘WNDW’, effective March 12, 2015, from ‘NENE’.
SolarWindow™ is a novel technology for generating sustainable electricity by collecting light energy from the sun and artificial sources. The Company’s SolarWindow™ technology generates electrical energy when the electricity-generating coating is applied to glass and plastic surfaces. SolarWindow™ could potentially be used on any of the more than 85 million commercial and residential buildings in the United States alone. SolarWindow™ technology is the subject a patent-pending technology.
SolarWindow™ coatings utilize an organic photovoltaic (OPV) solar array composed of ultra-small solar cells, fabricated using mostly hydrogen-carbon based substances.
OPV cells are a third generation solar technology that convert light energy into electricity by the photoelectric effect. When interconnected in a grid-like arrangement, an array of these OPV cells increase the voltage potential and electrical current in a given area. The Company is developing a proprietary OPV solar coating to generate electricity on glass and flexible plastics, while remaining see-through.
We currently have several product development goals for our SolarWindow™ technology:
- SolarWindow™- Commercial – A flat glass product for installation in new commercial towers under construction and replacement windows;
- SolarWindow™-Structural Glass – Structural glass walls and curtains for tall structures;
- SolarWindow™-Architectural Glass – Textured and decorative interior glass walls, room dividers, etc.
- SolarWindow™-Residential – A window glass for installation in new residential homes under construction and replacement windows;
- SolarWindow™-Flex – Flexible films which may be applied directly on to glass, similar to aftermarket window tint films, for retrofit to existing commercial towers, buildings, and residential homes; and
- SolarWindow™-BIPV – Building product components associated with building-integrated-photovoltaic (―BIPV) applications in homes, buildings, and office towers.
- SolarWindow™ coatings for commercial and military aircraft, and the safety and security of military pilots.
Other products may be developed during the commercialization of SolarWindow™ and the electricity-generating coating.