Columbia, MD – April 26, 2016 – SolarWindow Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: WNDW), today announced that performance tests of its transparent electricity-generating coatings for glass and flexible plastics have produced favorable outcomes for glass-to-glass lamination processes. The test results are especially promising for expanding the application of SolarWindow™ coatings beyond standard window glass to include high-performance…
RECORD-SETTING ENERGY BREAKTHROUGH
Electricity-generating windows for 85 million homes and commercial buildings in America. How? We apply see-through electricity generating coatings to glass.
Engineered to outperform solar with the industry’s fastest financial payback. SolarWindow™ is Clearly Electric™.
* SolarWindow™ products are currently under development and not available for sale.
Columbia, MD – March 23, 2016 – SolarWindow Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: WNDW), the leading developer of electricity-generating transparent coatings for glass and flexible plastics, released today ‘behind the scenes’ video of its collaborative research and development taking place at the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). This comes just weeks after SolarWindow…
QUESTION & ANSWER
Yes, SolarWindow Technologies, Inc. is a next-generation alternative and renewable energy developer. It is currently publicly traded under the ticker symbol: WNDW on the OTCQB exchange in the USA.
Following the change to our Company name, we also changed our ticker to ‘WNDW’, effective March 12, 2015, from ‘NENE’.
SolarWindow™ is a novel technology for generating sustainable electricity by collecting light energy from the sun and artificial sources. The Company’s SolarWindow™ technology generates electrical energy when the electricity-generating coating is applied to glass and plastic surfaces. SolarWindow™ could potentially be used on any of the more than 85 million commercial and residential buildings in the United States alone. SolarWindow™ technology is the subject a patent-pending technology.
SolarWindow™ coatings utilize an organic photovoltaic (OPV) solar array composed of ultra-small solar cells, fabricated using mostly hydrogen-carbon based substances.
OPV cells are a third generation solar technology that convert light energy into electricity by the photoelectric effect. When interconnected in a grid-like arrangement, an array of these OPV cells increase the voltage potential and electrical current in a given area. The Company is developing a proprietary OPV solar coating to generate electricity on glass and flexible plastics, while remaining see-through.
We currently have several product development goals for our SolarWindow™ technology:
- SolarWindow™- Commercial – A flat glass product for installation in new commercial towers under construction and replacement windows;
- SolarWindow™-Structural Glass – Structural glass walls and curtains for tall structures;
- SolarWindow™-Architectural Glass – Textured and decorative interior glass walls, room dividers, etc.
- SolarWindow™-Residential – A window glass for installation in new residential homes under construction and replacement windows;
- SolarWindow™-Flex – Flexible films which may be applied directly on to glass, similar to aftermarket window tint films, for retrofit to existing commercial towers, buildings, and residential homes; and
- SolarWindow™-BIPV – Building product components associated with building-integrated-photovoltaic (―BIPV) applications in homes, buildings, and office towers.
- SolarWindow™ coatings for commercial and military aircraft, and the safety and security of military pilots.
Other products may be developed during the commercialization of SolarWindow™ and the electricity-generating coating.