Columbia, MD – October 26, 2016 – SolarWindow Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: WNDW), the developer of electricity-generating coatings for commercial glass and flexible plastics, announced today that its SolarWindow™ coatings successfully performed under test conditions designed to simulate the high pressure and temperatures of the ‘autoclave’ manufacturing processes used by commercial glass and window producers. “Today’s…
RECORD-SETTING ENERGY BREAKTHROUGH
Electricity-generating windows for 85 million homes and commercial buildings in America. How? We apply see-through electricity generating coatings to glass.
Engineered to outperform solar with the industry’s fastest financial payback. SolarWindow™ is Clearly Electric™.
* SolarWindow™ products are currently under development and not available for sale.
Development Begins on World’s First Electricity-Generating Windows for Retrofitting Existing Homes and Commercial Buildings
Columbia, MD – September 6, 2016 – SolarWindow Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: WNDW), the leading developer of transparent electricity-generating liquid coatings for glass and flexible plastics, announced that it has begun initial work on transparent electricity-generating veneers. These could be applied directly on to existing windows of homes and commercial buildings, for which there are an…
QUESTION & ANSWER
Yes, SolarWindow Technologies, Inc. is a next-generation alternative and renewable energy developer. It is currently publicly traded under the ticker symbol: WNDW on the OTCQB exchange in the USA.
Following the change to our Company name, we also changed our ticker to ‘WNDW’, effective March 12, 2015, from ‘NENE’.
SolarWindow™ is a novel technology for generating sustainable electricity by collecting light energy from the sun and artificial sources. The Company’s SolarWindow™ technology generates electrical energy when the electricity-generating coating is applied to glass and plastic surfaces. SolarWindow™ could potentially be used on any of the more than 85 million commercial and residential buildings in the United States alone. SolarWindow™ technology is the subject a patent-pending technology.
SolarWindow™ coatings utilize an organic photovoltaic (OPV) solar array composed of ultra-small solar cells, fabricated using mostly hydrogen-carbon based substances.
OPV cells are a third generation solar technology that convert light energy into electricity by the photoelectric effect. When interconnected in a grid-like arrangement, an array of these OPV cells increase the voltage potential and electrical current in a given area. The Company is developing a proprietary OPV solar coating to generate electricity on glass and flexible plastics, while remaining see-through.
We currently have several product development goals for our SolarWindow™ technology:
- SolarWindow™- Commercial – A flat glass product for installation in new commercial towers under construction and replacement windows;
- SolarWindow™-Structural Glass – Structural glass walls and curtains for tall structures;
- SolarWindow™-Architectural Glass – Textured and decorative interior glass walls, room dividers, etc.
- SolarWindow™-Residential – A window glass for installation in new residential homes under construction and replacement windows;
- SolarWindow™-Flex – Flexible films which may be applied directly on to glass, similar to aftermarket window tint films, for retrofit to existing commercial towers, buildings, and residential homes; and
- SolarWindow™-BIPV – Building product components associated with building-integrated-photovoltaic (―BIPV) applications in homes, buildings, and office towers.
- SolarWindow™ coatings for commercial and military aircraft, and the safety and security of military pilots.
Other products may be developed during the commercialization of SolarWindow™ and the electricity-generating coating.